Find More Room To Get Your Home Looking Its Best.
Renovating your home can be an exciting, but also stressful time for all the family. If you are in county Laois, Ireland, we have a great storage facility to recommend to you. Look out for Goldfinch Storage based outside Abbeyleix in the heart of Laois. This article brings you some useful tips to help you declutter.
Creating a fresh, clean home can be a long and difficult task. There is usually a process for making your house feel like a building site for some time. If your home is full of furniture, this can create unnecessary damage to your possessions. Moving furniture from room to room takes up valuable time for tradesmen when they could be just focusing on their actual job.
Self-storage is an effective, affordable and convenient solution. Store away your bulky items and keep them secure and safe while your home is being renovated. Safe, dry, and secure storage spaces to suit every requirement.
Cleaning Tips for Moving Home
Once you have done the hard job of decluttering, it is time to start the cleaning process. Clutter typically causes an area to get full of dirt and is difficult to get clean again.
Here are some tips to help you. Use your vacuum cleaner to sweep and pick up large pieces of debris like dust, crumbs and dirt.
- Use a sponge with warm water and soap on any hard surfaces that require a scrub. Scrub away any stains or marks that need to be removed. Do not use a chemical cleaner on any surfaces, this may cause damage.
- Mix two cups of white vinegar and one cup of water into a bucket. Pour the mixture onto the stained areas of your floors and let it sit for around 15 minutes before scrubbing it with a brush or mop, followed by rinsing thoroughly with water.
- Use a mild dishwashing soap on hard surfaces and wiping cloths to wash windows and mirrors.
- Clean your refrigerator with a mixture of one cup of hydrogen peroxide, two cups of white vinegar and one gallon warm water. Let the solution sit for an hour before scrubbing it with a nylon or microfiber cloth.
- Use baking soda on any surface that requires deodorising
These basic cleaning tips will help get your home ready and feeling fresh after your decluttering has been completed. It may also be important to wash any furniture or belongings that are being returned after being in storage.
Moving home is a time-consuming and stressful process. But with the right preparation, it can be much less daunting.
Here are some tips for making it as simple as possible:
* Get organised: Make a list of everything you need to pack and make sure you have enough boxes for everything.
* Start early: It’s better to start packing early so that you don’t have to do it in a rush.
* Get rid of things: If there are items that you no longer want or need, get rid of them before moving day. This will help reduce the amount of items that need to be transported and stored at your new address.
* Sort through your items: If there are things that can be donated or recycled, take care of those before moving day too. Storage in Laois can be found in a number of great locations at affordable rates for homeowners. You should also discuss options with your letting agent.