Late-Night Sleeping & The Teachings Of Deen
Conce rning the fantastic Ni’ mat (Bounty) of sleep, Allah Ta’ala states in His Kalaam: ” And We made your sleep a way of rest. And We have actually made the night a drape (covering the earth in darkness of serenity)” (Surah Naba, Aayaat 9 and 10)
In numerous other locations in the Qur’ an Majeed Allah Ta’ala discusses sleep. Really, the Divine Bounty of sleep is undoubtedly spectacular, yet we have actually taken it for approved.
A number of us have actually abused this bounty of sleep, particularly the youth. Children– young boys and women— waste their time in the darkness of the night in futility and even Haraam. Digital gadgets/screens, searching the internet, enjoying online videos and movies, enjoying sports, playing online video games, or simply talking with individuals on numerous social networks platforms are a few of the important things the youth get associated with, in the darkness of the nights which in turns makes them sleep pass midnight. All of this at the unthinkable expense of either running the risk of the efficiency of their FARDH Fajr Salaah or missing it completely.
Islam and the Sunnah of Nabi (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) have actually not left us ‘ in the dark’ concerning the night. A Muslim ought to endeavour to invest his/ her night the Sunnah method order to acquire optimum advantage. For undoubtedly, there is absolutely nothing however advantage in following the Valuable and Golden Sunnats of our precious Nabi (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam).
Even the Kuffar have benefitted from our lifestyle which we have actually lost– the method of the Sunnah of Nabi (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam). Therefore, we discover a stating in English which checks out in the following comparable words, ‘ Early to bed, early to increase, makes one healthy, rich and sensible.’
Evaluating this stating:
The ‘ early to bed’ is from the Sunnah, as Nabi (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) taught the Ummah to retire early to bed after Esha Salaah which will make it simple upon one to awaken for a minimum of Fajr Salaah. And this (awakening for Fajr Salaah, particularly in summer season) is the extremely next part of the stating which is worded as ‘ early to increase’! If one awakens for Tahajjud Salaah then what can be stated! Subhaanallah!
The Sunnah likewise shows the tail end of the English stating, viz. ‘ makes one healthy, rich and sensible’. A Hadith Shareef makes reference of Nabi (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam)’s Du’a for the mornings of the Ummah. Check out the following Du’a to see what a terrific advantage it is to awaken early and to begin one’s day early:
” O Allah! Bless my Ummah in the early part of the day.” When Nabi (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) would send an exploration or army, he would send them out in the very first part of the day. The storyteller of this Hadith himself was a trader and utilized to send his items in the early part of the day. As an outcome, he prospered and had much wealth. ( Abu Dawood, Tirmizi, Ibn Maajah)
This evokes another stating in English which checks out as follows, ‘ The early riser captures the worm’. And specifically does the Hadith Shareef prophesize this! Beginning one’s day early– which can not quickly be accomplished if we waste the night in futility and Haraam— will make one Barkat in the activities we do. Opening one’s store early, going to work early, or for the homemaker to begin in the kitchen area early will see Barkat in the work. And beginning early can not be quickly accomplished if we sleep extremely late!
A Few Of The Golden Teachings of Nabi (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) concerning the night are as follows:
- Retire early to bed after Esha
- Awaken for Tahajjud Salaah and participate in some Nafl, Du’a, Zikr and Tilaawat
- If one can not awaken for Tahhajud, a minimum of make an objective to do so
- Carry out one’s Esha Salaah (for guys) with Jamaat. This will make one the benefit of Ibaadat of half the night.
- Carry out one’s Fajr Salaah (for guys) with Jamaat in the Mosque. This will make one the benefit of Ibaadat for the 2nd half of the night
- The above 2 points will make one the benefit of investing the whole night in Ibaadat!
- Sleep with Wuzu. An individual retiring to bed in the state of Wuzu is secured by unique Angels the whole night. When he/she awakens in the middle of the night and makes Du’a, his Du’as are accepted. Such an individuals Rooh goes to the Arsh of Allah Ta’ala where it makes Sajdah prior to Allah Ta’ala. All this for oversleeping the state of Wuzu!
- Strolling to the Mosque (for guys) in the darkness (i.e. Esha and Fajr time) will provide one best and total Light (Noor) on the Day of Qiyaamah.
- Avoid and avoid Samr after Esha. Samr is equated as ‘ to talk in the night’ This indicates to participate in useless talks, jokes, programs, and so on after Esha. One ought to prevent all kinds of ‘ panchaat’ (ineffective talk) after Esha as this will cause sleeping late thus having problems to awaken for Fajr Salaah.
- To recite the Masnoon Surahs– Surah Mulk, Surah Sajdah, and so on prior to retiring to bed. Likewise, to recite Aayatul-Kursi and the 3 Quls and to blow on oneself prior to sleeping.
The Ulama have actually discussed that spending quality time with one’s household (better half, kids and moms and dads) after Esha is acceptable offered one does not get associated with any Haraam activities.
Sleeping early after Esha is physically healthy which the medical professionals might mention. Professionals recommend that the very best sleeping-time hours are the hours slept prior to midnight. The very best quality of rest is accomplished by the body in the hours of sleep prior to midnight.
Our precious Rasool (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) for whom our lives might be compromised currently taught the Ummah about this by making it a Sunnah to retire to bed early after Esha! Participating in futility, that includes jokes, funny programs, movies and motion pictures, screen-time, and so on till late-night, is harmful and destructive to one’s spiritual health and physical health. Late sleeping during the night adds to the empty Masaajid Fajr time!
( To check out (and download) this post as PDF, please click this link: